AGs and their staff are bringing EJ into their work in order to better address the interconnected needs of their communities and promote equitable policies. At the same time, the federal government has committed to making environmental justice a priority across different actions and policies. “Expanding AG EJ Practice” is an online resource that highlights the expanding EJ work of attorneys general (AGs) and provides tools to help inform future work.
- highlights influential moments in EJ history;
- identifies current federal policies that implement EJ practices;
- identifies states which have already begun to incorporate EJ into existing programs;
- provides a detailed look into mapping tools states are using to identify EJ communities;
- and shows areas for future work in this important area of AG activity.
Updated April 21, 2022