Environmental Justice & Transmission Development
The State Energy & Environmental Impact Center at NYU Law studies and supports the work of state attorneys general in defending, enforcing, and promoting strong laws and policies in the areas of climate, environmental justice, environmental protection, and clean energy.
Attorney General Work
Through our research, fellows program, database, and events, the Center supports AGs by boosting capacity and shining a light on their work defending and promoting clean energy, climate, and environmental laws and policies.
Projects & Reports
We regularly produce original research and analysis to serve as a centralized public source of information for ongoing AG initiatives and advance legal and policy analysis through resources like our Expanding AG EJ Practice and our FERC Judicial Review Tracker.
News & Updates
Through Legally Speaking (our twice-monthly newsletter), social media, and our press releases and statements, we provide timely updates on the latest AG involvement on climate, clean energy, and environmental issues.
We host frequent events, workshops, and webinars that provide important background information to practitioners and enhance the public’s understanding of the importance of the clean energy, climate change and environmental matters that AGs are pursuing.
In the Media
- 'We're Not Going to Pay for Our Own Destruction': Republican State AGs Push Against ESG
National Law Journal, by Christine Schiffner, 05/22/2023
- Supreme Court buffers state climate rules from legal assault
E&E News, by Pamela King, Marc Heller, 05/11/2023
- As Attorneys Predict New Wave of Litigation Involving PFAS, Some Wonder if it's Time For a Bailout
The National Law Journal, by Christine Schiffner, 04/24/2023
- Letitia James protests proposal to ship frozen ethane gas by train through NY
Times Union, by Rick Karlin, 03/07/2023
- Attorneys general call for federal protections against deadly workplace heat
The Hill, by Saul Elbein, 02/09/2023
- Danone lawsuit could be test case for new war on plastic
Financial Times, by Peggy Hollinger, 01/17/2023
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
Climate Change Mitigation Pilot Program
Applications due 06/05/2023
- Department of Energy
Petroleum-Equivalent Fuel Economy Calculation
Comments due 06/12/2023
- Environmental Protection Agency
Addressing PFAS in the Environment
Comments due 06/12/2023
- Internal Revenue Service
Inflation Reduction Act New Clean Vehicle Credit
Comments due 06/16/2023