California Attorney General Rob Bonta led a coalition of twenty-three attorneys general in sending a letter in support of the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration’s proposal to increase corporate average fuel economy standards for model year 2024-2026 vehicles. The comments demonstrated that new standards will save consumers money, improve national security by reducing dependence on imported oil, combat the effects of climate change, improve air quality, and benefit public health.
- Documents: Comment Letter
- Document Type: Comment Letters
- States: California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Hawaii Illinois Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Nevada New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island Vermont Washington Washington, D.C. Wisconsin
- Agencies: Department of Transportation National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Issues: Clean Air & Climate Clean Car Standards
- Era: Biden Administration
- Action Type: Rulemaking & Other Federal Administrative Proceedings