California Attorney General Xavier Becerra, Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro and Wisconsin Attorney General Josh Kaul led a coalition of 22 attorneys general in filing comments in response to the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) preliminary determinations to regulate perfluorooctanesulfonic acid (PFOS) and perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) under the Safe Drinking Water ACt. The AGs expressed their support for the EPA’s proposed decision to regulate PFOA and PFOS levels in drinking water, and urged the agency to “evaluate potential approaches to regulate PFAS as a class” and to expedite the development of final standards so they can be published concurrently with the agency’s final determinations.
- Documents: CommentsCA Press ReleaseWI Press Release
- Document Type: Comment Letters Press Releases/Statements
- States: California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Illinois Iowa Maine Maryland Massachusetts Minnesota Nevada New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island Virginia Washington Washington, D.C. Wisconsin
- Agencies: Environmental Protection Agency
- Issues: Natural Resources Oceans and Water Policy PFAS Public Health Public Lands & Wildlife Toxics Water Wildlife
- Era: Trump Administration
- Action Type: Rulemaking & Other Federal Administrative Proceedings