California Attorney General Rob Bonta led a coalition of twenty-two attorneys general in submitting a comment letter in response to the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) proposal to strengthen the Clean Car Standards for Model Year 2023 and later. The coalition urged the EPA to adopt more stringent greenhouse gas emissions standards for passenger cars and light trucks in order to prevent the most dangerous effects of the climate crisis and to address the inequitable distribution of climate change impacts.
- Documents: Comments
- Document Type: Comment Letters
- States: California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Hawaii Illinois Maine Maryland Massachusetts Minnesota Nevada New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island Vermont Washington Washington, D.C. Wisconsin
- Agencies: Environmental Protection Agency
- Issues: Clean Air & Climate Clean Car Standards
- Era: Biden Administration
- Action Type: Rulemaking & Other Federal Administrative Proceedings