New York Attorney General Barbara Underwood and California Attorney General Xavier Becerra led a coalition of 21 state attorneys general in adding the Fourth National Climate Assessment to the rulemaking record for the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) proposed rules to roll back the national Clean Car Standards and the Clean Power Plan. Earlier in December, AG Underwood and AG Becerra led a coalition of 20 state attorneys general in sending a letter to EPA Acting Administrator Andrew Wheeler calling on the agency to withdraw its proposed rollbacks in light of the National Climate Assessment’s findings.
- Documents: CA Press Release
- Document Type: Press Releases/Statements
- States: California Connecticut Delaware Hawaii Illinois Iowa Maine Maryland Massachusetts Minnesota New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island Vermont Virginia Washington Washington, D.C.
- Agencies: Environmental Protection Agency
- Issues: Affordable Clean Energy Rule Clean Air Clean Air Act Clean Car Standards Clean Power Plan Climate Action Coal Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Era: Trump Administration
- Action Type: Rulemaking