Twelve AGs Submitted Comments Advising Treasury Department to Implement IRA Promptly and to Consider EJ and State & Local Perspectives
DECEMBER 1, 2022
Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey led a coalition of 12 AGs in comments to the Department of the Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service on the implementation of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA). The AGs urged the agencies to move quickly and to consider public input, especially from environmental justice advocates and from state and local governments. The AGs also detailed their experiences enforcing prevailing wage laws in specific feedback on the implementation of prevailing wage credits, among other tax provisions in the statute.
- Documents: CommentsMA Press ReleaseIL Press Release
- Document Type: Comment Letters
- States: Colorado Delaware Illinois Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan New Jersey New York Oregon Rhode Island Washington, D.C.
- Agencies: Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service
- Issues: Climate Adaptation & Resilience Climate Resilience Cross-Cutting & Administrative Energy & Energy Efficiency Environmental Justice Just Transition
- Era: Biden Administration
- Action Type: Rulemaking & Other Federal Administrative Proceedings