Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson, joined by Oregon Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum and California Attorney General Rob Bonta, submitted comments on Gas Transmission Northwest’s response to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission’s (FERC) data request about its proposed GTN Xpress Project. The project would expand the capacity of an existing pipeline. FERC’s data request asked GTN to respond to specific concerns the AGs raised about the project. For example, FERC requested that GTN provide data showing that the project would not require ratepayer subsidies and is necessary to meet public demand. In their comments, the AGs claimed that GTN did not “respond meaningfully to the Commission’s questions” and urged FERC to deny GTN’s application.
- Documents: Comments
- Document Type: Comment Letters
- States: California Oregon Washington
- Agencies: Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Issues: Clean Air & Climate Climate Cross-Cutting & Administrative Environmental Justice Fossil Fuels Greenhouse Gas Emissions National Environmental Policy Act Oil and Gas Pipelines Public Health Public Lands Public Lands & Wildlife
- Era: Biden Administration
- Action Type: Rulemaking & Other Federal Administrative Proceedings