New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman led a coalition of 13 attorneys general in sending a letter to Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruit warning that “any effort to roll back key vehicle emission standards would be met by a 'vigorous' court challenge.” In their letter, the coalition makes clear that it will take legal action if the EPA attempts to weaken air pollution standards set for passenger cars and light-duty trucks for model years 2022 to 2025.
- Documents: LetterMD Press Release
- Document Type: Press Releases/Statements Non-rulemaking Letters
- States: Connecticut Delaware Hawaii Iowa Maine Maryland Massachusetts New York Oregon Rhode Island Vermont Washington Washington, D.C.
- Agencies: Environmental Protection Agency
- Issues: Clean Air Clean Air Act Clean Car Standards Climate Action Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Era: Trump Administration
- Action Type: Other