Maryland Attorney General Anthony G. Brown and New York Attorney General Letitia James led a coalition of 13 attorneys general in sending comments on the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration’s (PHMSA) proposed Gas Pipeline Leak Detection and Repair Rules. The AGs expressed their support for the rule, which would “greatly improve public safety and significantly reduce emissions of climate altering methane gas” through various regulatory and technological requirements.
- Documents: CommentsMD Press ReleaseMI Press Release
- Document Type: Comment Letters Press Releases/Statements
- States: Connecticut Delaware Illinois Maryland Massachusetts Michigan New Jersey New York Oregon Pennsylvania Vermont Washington, D.C. Wisconsin
- Agencies: Department of Transportation Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration
- Issues: Clean Air & Climate Climate Fossil Fuels Greenhouse Gas Emissions Methane Oil and Gas Pipelines Public Health
- Era: Biden Administration
- Action Type: Rulemaking & Other Federal Administrative Proceedings