Pennsylvania Attorney General Michelle Henry led a coalition of 13 attorneys general in submitting comments supporting the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration’s (PHMSA) proposal to require railroads to provide emergency responders with information about hazardous materials being transported on their railways. The AGs urged PHMSA to quickly finalize the rule, and also called on PHMSA to expand it even further by requiring a real-time centralized database, coordination with state agencies, periodic testing, and development of contingency plans.
- Documents: CommentsPA Press ReleaseIL Press Release
- Document Type: Comment Letters Press Releases/Statements
- States: Connecticut Delaware Illinois Maine Maryland Massachusetts New Jersey New York Oregon Pennsylvania Vermont Washington, D.C. Wisconsin
- Agencies: Department of Transportation Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration
- Issues: Fossil Fuels Public Health Toxics
- Era: Biden Administration
- Action Type: Rulemaking & Other Federal Administrative Proceedings