New York Attorney General Letitia James led a coalition of 16 attorneys general in challenging the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) decision to leave the National Ambient Air Quality Standards for ozone unchanged despite mounting evidence that more stringent standards are needed to adequately protect the public from the myriad respiratory ailments associated with chronic smog exposure.
- Documents: Petition for Review
- Document Type: Petitions
- States: California Connecticut Illinois Maryland Massachusetts Minnesota New Jersey New York Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island Vermont Virginia Washington Washington, D.C. Wisconsin
- Agencies: Environmental Protection Agency
- Issues: Clean Air Clean Air Act Ozone
- Era: Trump Administration
- Action Type: Litigation