New York Attorney General Eric Schneidermen led a coalition of six attorneys general in filing a motion to intervene in litigation challenging the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) actions that “allowed the continued use of chlorpyrifos on food crops even while the agency failed to identify a safe level for the pesticide. Chlorpyrifos is widely used, including on fruits and vegetables consumed by infants, young children, and pregnant women, and is shown to negatively impact proper development and functioning of the central nervous system and brain.”
- Documents: Motion to InterveneMD Press Release
- Document Type: Press Releases/Statements Motions
- States: Maryland Massachusetts New York Vermont Washington Washington, D.C.
- Agencies: Environmental Protection Agency
- Issues: Chlorpyrifos Environmental Justice Pesticides Toxics
- Action Type: Litigation