Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh led a coalition of 9 attorneys general in submitting comments opposing the National Marine Fisheries Service’s (NMFS) proposal to issue incidental harassment authorizations allowing harm to marine mammals in the process of conducting seismic surveys of potential fossil fuel resources off the Atlantic Coast. In their comments, the attorneys general warn that the surveys “pose a significant risk to the coastline, the environment, and to marine life.”
- Documents: CommentsMD Press Release
- Document Type: Press Releases/Statements Comment Letters
- States: Connecticut Delaware Maryland Massachusetts New York North Carolina Pennsylvania Rhode Island Washington, D.C.
- Agencies: Department of Commerce National Marine Fisheries Service
- Issues: Oceans and Water Policy Offshore Drilling Oil and Gas Seismic Testing Wildlife
- Action Type: Rulemaking