Nevada Attorney General Aaron Ford submitted comments to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) regarding how utilities recover their dues payments to trade associations from ratepayers. Utilities often use money received from consumers through their energy bills to pay dues to organizations, such as trade associations, that influence public opinion on political and civic activities—many of which may not have interests that are aligned with ratepayers’ interests. In his comments, AG Ford highlighted the lack of transparency around the costs and activities of industry associations.
- Documents: Comments
- Document Type: Comment Letters
- States: Nevada
- Agencies: Department of Energy Federal Energy Regulatory Commission Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
- Issues: Energy & Energy Efficiency Energy Efficiency Utilities & Rates
- Era: Biden Administration
- Action Type: Rulemaking & Other Federal Administrative Proceedings