Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison filed comments on the Bureau of Land Management (BLM)’s environmental assessments of a hardrock mining lease renewal for the Twin Metals mine in the state. The comments urged the Bureau of Land Management and the U.S. Forest Service prepare a detailed and rigorous environmental impact statement of the potential effects of the renewal of the hardrock mining lease to conduct mining in Superior National Forest. The comments also requested that BLM coordinate with Minnesota, pursuant with federal law, to ensure consistency between the state’s policies and programs for the area around the proposed renewal and all environmental review analyses and decisions regarding the lease renewal.
- Documents: Comments
- Document Type: Comment Letters
- States: Minnesota
- Agencies: Bureau of Land Management Department of Agriculture Department of the Interior U.S. Forest Service
- Issues: Cross-Cutting & Administrative Fossil Fuels Mining National Environmental Policy Act Public Lands Public Lands & Wildlife Public Lands Leasing Seismic Testing Water Wildlife
- Era: Trump Administration
- Action Type: Rulemaking & Other Federal Administrative Proceedings