Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey filed comments on the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management’s (BOEM) supplement to its draft environmental impact statement for the proposed Vineyard Wind offshore energy project. The comments noted that BOEM’s analysis of the project’s cumulative impacts “will help facilitate and benefit [National Environmental Policy Act] review for subsequent wind energy facility projects,” and urged the bureau to issue a record of decision approving the project by mid-December of this year. The comments also emphasized that the project is “critically important” to the state meeting greenhouse gas emissions reduction targets set by state law, and that utilities have committed to purchasing the project’s 800 MW of capacity.
- Documents: Comments
- Document Type: Comment Letters
- States: Massachusetts
- Agencies: Bureau of Ocean Energy Management Department of the Interior
- Issues: Cross-Cutting & Administrative Energy & Energy Efficiency National Environmental Policy Act Renewable/Zero-Emissions Energy Wind Power
- Era: Trump Administration
- Action Type: Rulemaking & Other Federal Administrative Proceedings