California Attorney General Rob Bonta led fourteen attorneys general in sending a letter to the Environmental Protection Agency urging the agency to adopt strong regulations to limit nitrogen oxide emissions from heavy-duty trucks. The smog-forming pollutant has a disproportionate impact on communities of color and low-income communities who are more likely to live near transportation and trade corridors.
- Documents: California PressComment Letter
- Document Type: Comment Letters
- States: California Delaware Hawaii Illinois Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Pennsylvania Rhode Island Vermont Washington Washington, D.C.
- Agencies: Environmental Protection Agency
- Issues: Clean Air Environmental Justice
- Era: Biden Administration
- Action Type: Rulemaking