California Attorney General Xavier Becerra led a coalition of 14 attorneys general in filing a petition for review of the Energy Department’s revisions to its energy efficiency Process Rule that create unlawful impediments to the development of new efficiency standards. The Process Rule was finalized in 1996, and has guided the development of numerous efficiency standards under the Energy Policy Conservation Act that have collectively yielded $2 trillion dollars in consumer savings and 2.6 billion tons of carbon emissions reductions.
- Documents: Petition for ReviewCA Press Release
- Document Type: Petitions
- States: California Connecticut Illinois Maine Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Nevada New Jersey New York Oregon Vermont Washington Washington, D.C.
- Agencies: Department of Energy Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
- Issues: Energy & Energy Efficiency Energy Efficiency
- Era: Trump Administration
- Outcome: Pending
- Action Type: Litigation