New York Attorney General Letitia James led a coalition of 15 attorneys general in responding to the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) June 8, 2021 motion for a voluntary remand of litigation over its determination that 11 uses of the toxic chemical 1,4-dioxane pose no unreasonable risk to human health. While the AGs did not take a position on the requested remand, they urged the Ninth Circuit to vacate the no-unreasonable-risk determination if it remands the case.
- Documents: Comments
- Document Type: Non-rulemaking Letters
- States: Hawaii Illinois Maine Maryland Massachusetts Minnesota New Jersey New York Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island Vermont Virginia Washington Washington, D.C.
- Agencies: Environmental Protection Agency
- Issues: Public Health Toxics
- Era: Biden Administration
- Action Type: Rulemaking & Other Federal Administrative Proceedings