California Attorney General Rob Bonta, Maryland Attorney General Anthony G. Brown, and Massachusetts Attorney General Andrea Joy Campbell led a coalition of 15 attorneys general in submitting comments to the Department of the Interior and the Department of Commerce calling for the full reversal of changes to Endangered Species Act protections made during the Trump administration. The AGs commended the Biden Administration for proposing to undo the “most egregious” of the changes that the Trump administration made—such as removing a default prohibition on killing threatened species—but urged the agencies to reverse all of the harmful amendments, in addition to further strengthening and clarifying certain rules.
- Documents: CommentsCA Press ReleaseIL Press ReleaseMD Press ReleaseMI Press Release
- Document Type: Comment Letters Press Releases/Statements
- States: California Connecticut Illinois Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota New Jersey New York Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island Vermont Washington Washington, D.C.
- Agencies: Department of Commerce Department of the Interior
- Issues: Endangered Species Act Natural Resources Public Lands & Wildlife Wildlife
- Era: Biden Administration
- Action Type: Rulemaking & Other Federal Administrative Proceedings