New York Attorney General Letitia James led a coalition of 11 AGs and the City of New York in submitting comments to the Department of Energy (DOE) in response to the agency’s supplemental notice of proposed rulemaking to create energy conservation standards for manufactured housing. Despite being a cheaper housing option, according to the letter, the energy cost per square foot of a manufactured home is 70% higher than an average on-site, single-family house. The AGs urged DOE to use its authority to make sure that all manufactured homes, despite cost or size, have the same energy-saving standards to ensure that all households can save money on energy costs and avoid health and environmental harm.
- Documents: Comments
- Document Type: Comment Letters
- States: Illinois Maine Massachusetts Minnesota Nevada New Jersey New Mexico New York Oregon Vermont Washington
- Agencies: Department of Energy
- Issues: Consumer Protection Energy & Energy Efficiency Energy Efficiency Environmental Justice
- Era: Biden Administration
- Action Type: Rulemaking & Other Federal Administrative Proceedings