Connecticut Attorney General William Tong led a coalition of 11 attorneys general in filing comments to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) on the agency’s proposal to revise its regulation of transmission incentives, which are used to promote new transmission builds. FERC’s proposal would limit the incentives available for a transmission-owning utility joining a regional transmission organization. The coalition agreed with the proposal, urging FERC to limit this incentive, to the extent it is needed at all.
- Documents: CommentsCT Press Release
- Document Type: Comment Letters
- States: California Connecticut Illinois Maryland Massachusetts Michigan New Jersey Pennsylvania Rhode Island Vermont Washington, D.C.
- Agencies: Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Issues: Transmission
- Era: Biden Administration
- Action Type: Rulemaking