Eighteen AG Support U.S. Postal Service’s Review of Electric Vehicle Fleet
AUGUST 15, 2022
California Attorney General Rob Bonta and New York Attorney General Letitia James co-led a multistate coalition of 18 attorneys general in commenting on the U.S Postal Service’s notice of intent to prepare a Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) and commitment to purchase more electric vehicles. The notice followed a lawsuit filed by AG Bonta and others that alleged that the Postal Service relied on a flawed environmental analysis to justify purchase of up to 90% gas-powered vehicles. The letter called on the Postal Service to expand the scope of the Supplemental EIS.
- Documents: Comments
- Document Type: Comment Letters
- States: California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Illinois Maine Maryland Michigan New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island Vermont Washington Washington, D.C.
- Issues: Clean Air & Climate Climate Energy & Energy Efficiency Environmental Justice Fossil Fuels Greenhouse Gas Emissions Public Health Renewable/Zero-Emissions Energy
- Era: Biden Administration
- Action Type: Rulemaking & Other Federal Administrative Proceedings