California Attorney General Xavier Becerra led a coalition of 14 attorneys general in filing comments in response to a request by the Energy Department for public input on what the AGs described as “an unnecessary prioritization process” for the department’s energy efficiency rulemakings. In their comments, the AGs outlined the Energy Department’s “dismal” record on meeting required statutory deadlines under the Energy Policy and Conservation Act, and warned that the proposed prioritization process “improperly diverts resources away from meeting” the department's duty to issue meaningful energy conservation standards.
- Documents: CommentsCA Press Release
- Document Type: Comment Letters Press Releases/Statements
- States: California Connecticut Illinois Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Nevada New Jersey New York Vermont Washington Washington, D.C.
- Agencies: Department of Energy Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
- Issues: Energy & Energy Efficiency Energy Efficiency
- Era: Trump Administration
- Action Type: Rulemaking & Other Federal Administrative Proceedings