California Attorney General Xavier Becerra led a coalition of 11 attorneys general in filing comments opposing the National Park Service’s (NPS) proposal to significantly increase entrance fees at 17 popular national park sites. The attorneys general warned that the fee increases “threaten to put many Americans to the choice of beauty or bread and to distance them from the places in which so many experience the natural wonder of our great and unique nation,” and emphasized that “[a]ll Americans should have access to these lands, especially communities that the Service’s surveys show have often been underrepresented.”
- Documents: CommentsCA Press Release
- Document Type: Comment Letters Press Releases/Statements
- States: Arizona California Maine Maryland Massachusetts New Mexico New York Oregon Rhode Island Washington Washington, D.C.
- Agencies: Department of the Interior National Park Service
- Issues: Consumer Protection Environmental Justice Public Lands Public Lands & Wildlife
- Era: Trump Administration
- Action Type: Rulemaking & Other Federal Administrative Proceedings